Thursday, 29 March 2012

Kony 2012 seems to be a bit like marmite



Everyones seen the video, everyones shared a little tear.... but have they really reached their initial goal? Yes the video has gone viral and been a HUGEEEE success, but has this actually helped towards the overall objectives of the team?

I can't help but think it may all be a little pointless... yes I know, controversial. After watching the video a number of times there is no real clear cut aims or objectives. I'm not sure how getting everyone together on April the 20th is going to stop Kony? Surely they need America and Africa on their side?

Even though their objectives may not be clear, no one can say that the video isn't moving, the use of shock tactics and appeal to emotions is brilliant. It just goes to show that even a simple old video can create a great awareness and affect on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment